Project Title: Compass for Progress and Excellence
Project Acronym: Kompas
Key Action/Action Type: KA 1VET learner and staff mobility
Project Total Duration: 20 months
Project Number: 2018-1-HR01-KA102-047188
Total Grant: 198.179,00 EU
Coordinator of the National Consortium: Technical School Slavonski Brod
Memers ofthe National Consortium:
- EuroMind – Španjolska
- Caprinatura – Španjolska
- Colegio Selesiano San Pedro – Španjolska
- Kabtec AG – Njemačka
- SMC industrijska avtomatika d.o.o. – Slovenija
- Kouvolan Kaupunki – Finska
- Paragon Europe – Malta
- RAM 2 d.o.o. – Slovenija
- RAM Elektronik G.m.b.H. – Austrija
- Martello Traing Ltd – Irska
VET schools involved in project „Compass for Progress and Excellence“ have for many years recognized that only joint cooperation and innovative approach to existing programs can stimulate the necessary changes in vocational education. To this end, National consortium (hereafter NC) members agree to design a strategy for the development of new and effective VET curricula for vocational schools to post imperative of quality in the education system and the labor and education market of the EU.
NC schools found that these needs are not achievable in existing vocational education plans and programs in Croatia because they do not encourage the development of entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable development through a regular system. Solving these needs is possible through the introduction / modernization of content or activities that would encourage students to develop exactly those skills that are essential for active and competitive participation in the labor market.
With the Compass project, within the framework of training of NC’s teaching and non-teaching staff, we want to stimulate change and devise new innovative curricula that meet the needs of the labor market. Teaching and non-teaching staff are the initiators and motivators of change, which by turning their competences and promoting lifelong learning can create the basis for necessary changes.
With the Compass project within the mobility of staff, we provide NC teachers training with partners in vocational education and training overseas in the field of electropneumatic and robotics, in response to their expressed needs.
With the Compass project, we want to improve the key competences and skills of our students in relation to their importance for the labor market in terms of professional practice in vocational schools and companies in the EU. NC schools are equipped with weak technical capacities in some areas that are very important for entering the labor market. This creates a barrier to professional practice in an appropriate way and thereby achieving the full potential of the student.
- Improve change and design new innovative curricula that meet the needs of the labor market through training / teaching of teaching and non-teaching staff
- By acquiring professional practice abroad, it contributes to increasing student employability, acquisition and recognition of competences. Students will increase their knowledge in the field of pneumatics, sustainable construction, road transport, logistics and forwarding, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, ind. automatic where they will have the opportunity to develop their innovativeness and skills that will be the basis for continuing their education or employment.
- Increase Language Competence. Mobility Students will increase their language skills through English communication with mentors / peers / colleagues in schools and businesses. Increasing the language competences of all participants contributes to greater confidence and confidence in future professional and personal development.
- Encourage the elimination of cultural barriers and the strengthening of the feeling of belonging to the EU by learning about the customs and tradition in partner countries, contributing to the development of interculturality and internationality
- Associate members of NC with foreign partners, to promote their schools, culture and country in general and in accordance with the European Development Plan Technical School plans to achieve cooperation where she will act as a receiving organization.
- Developing the School Curricula member of NC will act on policy changes in order to support innovative and sustainable development of vocational education.
The dissemination and exploitation of project results will be realized at local, regional, national and European level.